The following items are required for an active file:
- A letter of application.
- A current resume.
- A complete application form can be obtained by any of the following
4. References: At least 3 current reference letters.
5. Copy of college transcript. (We would require official transcripts if you are a finalist)
6. Copy of administrative and/or teaching license. (Out-of-state Applicants will need to contact the Iowa Dept. of Education Bureau of Licensure at 1-515-281-3605 or their web site http://www.state.ia.us/educate/ ) to request information regarding converting their license to the State of Iowa.
7. Copy of updated Mandatory Reporter for Suspected Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Certificate.
*Files will not be reviewed until they have all items. Complete files (Items 1-6) will be retained for two years.
Return Application Materials To:Administration Office Vinton-Shellsburg CSD 1502 C Ave. Vinton, Iowa 52349 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Screening Process
Applicants with complete files will be screened according to established criteria for each position. An interview team will select the candidates for interviews. Generally, three to five candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Interviews generally consist of two parts:
- The formal interview with building administrator/committee
- A tour of the school facility
The selected candidate will be offered the position and their file will be presented to the Board of Education for approval at the next regularly scheduled meeting. After Board of Education action, all applicants with complete files will be notified by letter that the position has been filled.