Vinton-Shellsburg CSD “Where Character Counts
“Everything you don’t know is something you can learn”
Thursday, May 30th
Friday, May 31st– Last day of School- 3-Hour Early Out
- Black and Gold Update Info.: If you are wanting to earn black and gold hours for an activity that is not listed in the Daily Announcements you MUST have prior approval from Mr. Kingsbury otherwise some may not be accepted. Black & Gold Hours are turned into the LMC when completed.
- ****Help Wanted Folder available if interested in the main office (at the windowsill). Make sure to check it out. It has been updated!
- Looking for Black & Gold hours or 1:1 hour? Sign up and help during Registration day next fall. Looking for a couple students to supervise young children during the 2019-20 Registration Day on August 8, from 12:00 – 7:00 pm (times may vary)
If interested please contact Karrie Bartling @ Central Office 319-436-5680 or by email @ karrie.bartling@vscs
- Today’s Activities: Good Luck!
- Varsity Baseball Doubleheader @ home vs. West Delaware 5:30.
- Varsity Softball Doubleheader @ home vs. Grinnell 6:00.
- On Sat, Aug 3, a Family Literacy Fair will be held at the Vinton Skating Rink. The Family Literacy Fair is in need volunteers to help set up, take down, read to children, and/or dress in costume as favorite book character. Student volunteer hours would be approved for B&G or towards laptop hours. If you are interested in helping, please email Myra Kearns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALL vehicles MUST be registered if DRIVING in the High School Parking lot. Forms available on the windowsill main office. NO parking in staff parking areas in the front and back of the building.
- Black & Gold Opportunity: The Marv Lindsey Complex is looking for students to help with concessions and field maintenance during our spring and summer tournaments. This is a great way to earn Black & Gold hours over a weekend! We have the following dates available: June 1st, June 8th & 9th, June 22nd & 23rd. Please email us at email@example.com or call Jim Thompson at 319-283-0700 to schedule your spots.
- Black and Gold Hours Fuel Up for Summer Fun: At Shellsburg or Tilford this summer. Free Meal, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 436-5848 if interested.