Student Learning Goals
- All students will communicate effectively.
- All students will be independent life-long learners.
- All students will be technologically literate.
- All students will use leadership skills to develop positive relationships and work collaboratively.
- All students will be effective problem solvers.
- Goal 1: K-12 students will achieve at a high level in reading.
- Goal 2: K-12 students will achieve at a high level in math.
- Goal 3: K-12 students will achieve at a high level in science.
- Goal 4: The Vinton-Shellsburg CSD will continue to provide a safe, nurturing, and drug-free environment for all students.
- Goal 5: K-12 students will use technology in developing proficiency in the areas of reading, math, and science.
District Goals – 2018-19:
- All students will graduate.
- All students will have opportunities to personalize their learning.
- All students will have a safe, nurturing and drug-free environment. (Culture/Climate)
- The district will attract and retain quality teachers by providing professional development and support leading to increased learning for all students and staff.
- The district will remain financially stable.