Vinton-Shellsburg CSD “Where Character Counts”
“Every next level of your life will demand a different you”
Friday, August 24th & Saturday, August 25th
- Black and Gold Update Info.: If you are wanting to earn black and gold hours for an activity that is not listed in the Daily Announcements you MUST have prior approval from Mr. Kingsbury otherwise some may not be accepted. Black & Gold Hours are turned into the LMC when completed.
- ***IMPORTANT***Reminder ALL Freshmen are required to have a Dental Screening: The Iowa Department form and return to the main office. The exam should be dated within the last year 2018. The Iowa Department of Public Health also has a form Certificate of Dental Screening Exemption for Religious and Financial Hardship also available for fill out. Both forms are available in the main office. ALL forms must be turned in ASAP. Audit will be soon.
- ALL vehicles MUST be registered or re-registered if DRIVING to the High School Parking lot. Forms available on the window sill main office. NO parking in staff parking areas in the front and back of the building.
- “If you do not have a class in every class period in either 1st or 2nd semester, please come to the guidance office during the period you have the blank in your 1st semester schedule. If you have a blank in 2nd semester only, please come to the guidance office either during a study hall or lunch break in the next 3 days to schedule an appointment to fill this hole in your schedule.
- ALL class changes for the first semester MUST be done by the end of the school day on Monday, August 27th. Any voluntary 1st semester changes made after that date will result in you receiving an “F” for the class you drop per policy stated in the student handbook.”
- All Seniors are required to have 2 doses of the Meningitis Vaccination to start their Senior year. State REQUIRED. So, proof to Deb S. Main Office.
- Powder Puff sign-up on the window sill main office for Juniors and Seniors for Football, Cheerleading and Volleyball.
- Out of school guest dance forms available on the window sill main office for Homecoming. Due in the main office by Friday, Sept. 14th at 3:17 PM.
- Fall Musical tryouts for School of RockMonday, August 27 and Tuesday, August 28 at 7 pm in the auditorium. Call or text director Marcy Horst with questions. 319/721-1838
- Today’s Activity: Good Luck!
- Varsity Football @ home 7:00 vs. Alburnett (Note Only 1 Game)
- Saturday’s Activities: Good Luck!!!
- Varsity Volleyball @ Meskwaki Tournament 9:00. Leave @ 7:00 AM
- 9th Volleyball @ C. R. Prairie Point Tournament 9:00. Leave @ 7:15 AM