January of 2019 is certainly going to be a memorable one and one that will go down in the history books!
Our students’ and their families’ schedules have been greatly disrupted by the weather and there will need to be some fairly significant adjustments in the school calendar moving forward.
The administrative team met to discuss options for how to make up the six snow days and the 40+ hours of student learning.
At the next school board meeting, we will make the following recommendations to adjust the students’ school year:
• Cancel the early out scheduled for Friday, February 1st.
• Schedule classes on February 18th, May 30th and May 31st.
• Instead of a professional development day on March 15th, it would become a student day.
• Instead of a professional development day on April 18th, it would become a student day.
• If we have any additional snow days after January 30th, the first one would be made up on Monday, April 22nd.