While the students and most of our staff have been away, our custodians have been working diligently on building improvements so when class is back in session our buildings will be ready and better than ever!
- Hallway, locker room, and the music room ceiling tile replacement and LED lighting upgrade.
- Pella Roofing is finishing up the roof project that has taken longer than expected due to the wind. This is installing a 20-year membrane roof and installing a new overflow drain in case the existing drain would get plugged this would allow the overflow to drain off the roof.
- Concourse classroom HVAC project is complete.
- The West Wall project is progressing, waiting for blocks to come in to proceed.
- Bathroom upgrades for the concourse and locker rooms to convert them to ADA compliant sinks are ordered.
- Working to finalize details so can close on corner property.
- 4th-grade HVAC upgrade equipment is ordered and expected to arrive in early June. The district is working with Alliant on rebate for this project.
- Window Project to replace original 1968 windows. The order has been placed with manufacturer.
- Entry Way and 4th-grade hallway ceiling will be removed next week as part of the HVAC upgrade.
- All Terrazzo in the hallways will be stripped and sealed. Sealers will have less maintenance to keep them looking like fresh wax.
- Outside painting and tuck-pointing repairs
- Thole building repairs include replacing and repainting rotted boards.
- 4th-grade hallway painted.
- FLR floor sanders are finishing up sanding and ready to repaint and reseal the gym floor.
- The Student Center floor will be replaced.
- 3rd floor Science Room floor replacement is started.
- Gym motor replacement is finished – this involved replacing a worn-out motor that was original to the gym.
- Library HVAC heat pump project is ordered waiting on equipment to ship. Concrete is poured and ready to set.
- The new district server heat pump is ready to install. This will provide more reliable temperature for the internet server to operate – preventing less possibility of breakdown.
- Gym bleacher half steps and handrails are installed making things more handicapped accessible.
Baseball batting cage concrete from last fall has been delivered and waiting on the weather to cooperate to pour concrete.
- Parking lot restriping is complete.
- Bathroom hand dryers are ordered and waiting to be installed.
- The concrete sidewalk is started.
- The locker room, weight room, and coaches’ office remote key access are installed and waiting on new locks to show up.
- Math wing door key accesses are installed.
- New wraps installed on the locker room hallway.
- Painting crew is working on the high school cafeteria and athletic hallway.
Custodians are working on waxing and cleaning floors and are ahead of schedule