Vinton-Shellsburg CSD “Where Character Counts
You are the only person on earth who can use your ability
Friday, April 19th-Monday, April 22nd
NO School Friday, April 19th
School in session Monday, April 22
- Black and Gold Update Info.: If you are wanting to earn black and gold hours for an activity that is not listed in the Daily Announcements you MUST have prior approval from Mr. Kingsbury otherwise some may not be accepted. Black & Gold Hours are turned into the LMC when completed.
- ***IMPORTANT*** NOTE DATE CHANGE***Reminder ALL Freshmen are required to have a Dental Screening: The Iowa Department form and return to the main office. The exam should be dated within the last year 2018. The Iowa Department of Public Health also has a form Certificate of Dental Screening Exemption for Religious and Financial Hardship also available for fill out. Both forms are available in the main office. ALL forms must be turned in by Wednesday, May 29th, 2019.
- Black & Gold Opportunity or Computer Hours: Shellsburg Rec Department is looking for volunteers to help run concessions and umpire baseball/softball games this spring. Please email or text Rhonda Bridgewater for further details. firstname.lastname@example.org 319-558-9914.
- Class of 2021: Individual MAP appts.: PLEASE come to the guidance office THIS WEEK to schedule your individual appointment with me to review your 4-year plan. Only one student has come in to take care of this since our meeting last week and ALL students (who did not already do this last spring or fall) need to take care of this before May 24th. Ms. Hamilton
- Prom 2019 Guest Form & Ticket Information:
- Out of School Guest/Out of Town High School Guests forms are now available on window sill main office, due no later than Friday, April 26th at 3:17. Turn in forms when purchasing your tickets! ALL guests MUST purchase a ticket and complete Guest Form in advance. GUESTS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO PROM WITHOUT THESE 2 ITEMS DONE IN ADVANCE.
- Prom Ticket sales will begin Monday, April 15th: Senior Tickets are $10.00 & Juniors and Guests are $15.00. No free or discounted tickets. VS Juniors & Seniors can buy tickets at the door for $5 more per ticket ONLY IF THERE ARE TICKETS AVAILABLE.
- ****Help Wanted Folder available if interested in the main office (at the window sill. Make sure to check it out. It has been updated!
- Saturday’s Activities: Good Luck!
- Boys Varsity Golf Invitational @ Pin Oak Pub & Links Manchester 9:00. Leave @ 7:00.
- Varsity/JV Trapshooting @ Otter Creek Sportsmanship Club vs. Solon 9:00.
- Monday’s Activities: Good Luck!
- V/JV Girls Soccer @ home vs. West Liberty 5:30/7:00
- Girls Varsity Golf Invitational @ West Delaware 4:00. Dismiss @ 2:05. Leave @ 2:15.
- Additional Prom Information Juniors & Seniors:
- Juniors will choose the top 10 Senior Candidates for Prom King and Queen. Next week you will be sent a Google Form to make your nominations.
- Juniors and Seniors will be sent a Google Form TODAY (April 22) to vote for the Prom King and Queen. Voting will end Wednesday, April 24.
- The King and Queen will be announced at Prom.
- Junior Class Members: We will be decorating the Skating Rink during the week of Prom. ALL Juniors need help decorate!
- Monday, April 22- 6-9 pm
- Tuesday, April 23- 8-10 pm
- Wednesday, April 24- 6-8pm
- Thursday, April 25 6-8 pm
- Friday, April 26 As Needed
- Open gym April 22, 23 and 25 for those interested in doing cheerleading next year. Anyone who is considering it should come join us and see what practices are like. It will be at the high school gym from 530-8pm.
- Please order your copy of the 2018-19 yearbook before prices go up in April. Orders can be made through Jostens, at jostensyearbooks.com.
- ATTENTION GIRLS: The Vinton Sesquicentennial Committee is currently taking applications the Queen and her court to reign over Vinton’s 150th anniversary celebration, which will be held from August 17-24, 2019. If you are a female 16-20 years of age as of May 31, 2019, you are encouraged to enter the competition. Contestants must be current or past students of the Vinton-Shellsburg Community Schools or home-schooled and must have a Vinton 52349 address. Scholarships will be awarded. Contest rules and an application form can be found in the Guidance Office or at www.vinton150.org.
- ALL vehicles MUST be registered if DRIVING in the High School Parking lot. Forms available on the window sill main office. NO parking in staff parking areas in the front and back of the building.
- Black & Gold Opportunity: The Marv Lindsey Complex is looking for students to help with concessions and field maintenance during our spring and summer tournaments. This is a great way to earn Black & Gold hours over a weekend! We have the following dates available: April 20th, April 27th & 28th, May 4th & 5th, May 11th & 12th, May 18th & 19th, June 1st, June 8th & 9th, June 22nd & 23rd. Please email us at email@example.com or call Jim Thompson at 319-283-0700 to schedule your spots.
- Seniors Boys: Just a friendly reminder that within 30 days after your 18th birthday, you must register with the Selective Service System. The application is very short and simple, and not registering is a federal offense (literally). To register, go to www.sss.gov or pick up an application at your local post office. If you need help registering, please see Mr. Tandy.
- Senior Graduation Information:
- Senior Song- Good Old Days Macklemore Kesha
- Senior Quote- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Steve Jobs
- Senior-Flower- White Daisy
- Senior Colors- Black and Gold